B efore debating/arguing/disagreeing with someone, make sure you can explain their point of view in such a way that they agree with your explanation.
1. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”
2. “Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love. Like all of life’s important coping skills, the ability to forgive and the capacity to let go of resentments most likely take root very early in our lives.”
3. “Love and trust, in the space between what’s said and what’s heard in our life, can make all the difference in the world. ”
4. “The child is in me still and sometimes not so still.”
5. “Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime’s work, but it’s worth the effort.”
6. “Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people.”
7. “I don’t think anyone can grow unless he’s loved exactly as he is now, appreciated for what he is rather than what he will be.”
8. “There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
9. “Feeling good about ourselves is essential in our being able to love others.”
10. “Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.”
11. “Try your best to make goodness attractive. That’s one of the toughest assignments you’ll ever be given.”
12. “The connections we make in the course of a life–maybe that’s what heaven is.”
Mister Rogers went onstage to accept the award—and there, in front of all the soap opera stars and talk show sinceratrons, in front of all the jutting man-tanned jaws and jutting saltwater bosoms, he made his small bow and said into the microphone, “All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who you are. Ten seconds of silence.”
And then he lifted his wrist, looked at the audience, looked at his watch, and said, “I’ll watch the time.” There was, at first, a small whoop from the crowd, a giddy, strangled hiccup of laughter, as people realized that he wasn’t kidding, that Mister Rogers was not some convenient eunuch, but rather a man, an authority figure who actually expected them to do what he asked. And so they did. One second, two seconds, three seconds—and now the jaws clenched, and the bosoms heaved, and the mascara ran, and the tears fell upon the beglittered gathering like rain leaking down a crystal chandelier. And Mister Rogers finally looked up from his watch and said softly “May God be with you,” to all his vanquished children.
Resources to help you stop pre-screened credit card offers. junk mail, and telemarketing calls.
OptOutPrescreen.com is the official Consumer Credit Reporting Industry website to accept and process requests from consumers to Opt-In or Opt-Out of firm offers of credit or insurance. Once enrolled you will no longer receive firm offers of credit or insurance in your mailbox.
DMAchoice is an online tool developed by the Direct Marketing Association to help you manage your mail. This site is part of a larger program designed to respond to consumers’ concerns over the amount of junk mail they receive, and it is the evolution of the DMA’s Mail Preference Service created in 1971.
The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.
ProTip: If you continue to receive telemarketer calls say, “Can you mail me your privacy and opt-out policies, please?”
I discovered recently that not everyone knows about the benefits of a credit freeze. Putting a freeze on your score wont stop it from changing, but will prevent random companies from pulling your credit score until you unfreeze it. Doing this puts a stop to 99% of junk mail including credit card, loan and cable offers. It also prevents anyone who stole your identity from opening up an account in your name because you’re required to provide a password when lifting the freeze.
When you need to have your credit score pulled by a service provider for a loan or other things you can ask them who they use for credit reporting and then call and have it lifted temporarily for that provider only.
There is a small fee (depending on your state. like $10 or $20 to enable the freeze) but I highly recommend this to everyone including those who are debt free with a 0 credit score.
You will need to add a freeze on all 3 of the major credit reporting agencies. Here are the links to each of them. You will need to sign up for an account and provide identification for obvious reason.
Experian Visit: https://www.experian.com/ncaconline/freeze
TransUnion Visit: https://www.transunion.com/ppc-credit-report.page Then: Click TU Credit Lock
Equifax Visit: https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze
People who are attracted to you because of your pretty face or nice body won’t be by your side forever. But the people who can see how beautiful your heart is will never leave you.