Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black)
As far as entry subwoofers go, this is probably the best bang for your buck, especially considering the quality of the build. Built around high quality medium density fiberboard and using a highly efficient 10″ driver, the PSW-10 manages to bang as well, if not louder, than other subwoofers in this category, despite running at 50 watts RMS. One shortcoming about the Polk is the lack of an LFE input: you only get RCA and speaker line inputs meaning that there is no way you can bypass the internal crossover of the sub. Considering the market it’s aiming for, this shouldn’t be too big of a problem for most people, but owners with good receivers might be a bit vexed by this.
- Single 10-inch subwoofer in black with built-in high-current amplifier for big bass
- Equipped with one 10-inch polymer-composite dynamic-balance cone driver
- Laser-based Klippel measurement technology for improved linearity and deep, precise sound
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75-inch-thick baffles and internal bracing
- Measures 14 by 14.38 by 16.12 inches (WxHxD)